Monday, May 21, 2012

Comfort Zones


So I decided to finally take an online workshop and since I really wanted to increase my techniques in mixed media. I decided on Christie Tomlinsons "Your Living Canvas" Workshop. My comfort zone is black cream and white! And Christie is all about COLOR! But that was the point for me...take a class to really take me in another direction and take what I like and combine it into my personal creations. She blows me away how carelessly she just slaps paint and stamps on things and they come out amazing! I must always remember though, when you are learning how to do things you just usually are not good at them at first. Thats just how it goes. I think about learning to ride a bike and crashing and falling, and now it seems so effortless. So I know I will look back in the journal and laugh at how bad my "early" stuff was- I hope! LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I know that feeling! I recently took a class for how "clean" the style is and that, for me, felt uncomfortable. But as talented as you are, in no time at all you will be a star pupil!!

    ReplyDelete